E*TRADE Financial Corporation, an online investing & trading pioneer, with 4.5 million accounts in 40 countries and $110 billion in customer assets, is continuing to reinvent the online trading industry. Our unique culture of innovation creates an environment where you will be continually learning and challenged to develop your career.
E*TRADE is undergoing a transformation to become an insights-driven organization, and we're looking for highly motivated researchers who can help achieve this transformation by partnering with internal clients to embed research and insights into their business processes.
The Senior Market Research Manager will be the principal point of contact for the Investing & Retirement team, responsible for developing, prioritizing, and managing a portfolio of primary research projects - including quantitative and qualitative research. Projects will generally focus on tactical and strategic opportunities to develop online tools/solutions that drive customer engagement and prospect acquisition. Effective research will need to answer specific business questions, but also generate insights that can drive business growth. The Market Research team functions as an internal supplier for the entire organization.
* Define research requirements:
*Determine the appropriate methodology
*Design the sampling frame
*Write the survey questions or interview guide
*Work with Research Analysts to program & field the research
*Develop PowerPoint reports that help internal clients make effective business decisions
* Develop deep engagement and relationships with internal clients & business partners
* Translate business needs into research designs that answer specific business questions and generate insights that can drive business growth
* Help business partners prioritize research needs and requests
* Manage and prioritize a portfolio of projects with tight deadlines
* Oversee research operations including online survey programming, sample management, and field management
* Data analysis and significance testing using SPSS and Microsoft Excel
* Report development using Microsoft PowerPoint
* Keep the Investing & Retirement team informed of customer & market trends and insights affecting their business. This will involve keeping abreast of and sharing relevant secondary / syndicated research.
* Coordinate with other Market Research team members and with Analytics team members to identify relevant insights and collaborate on projects.
8+ years of experience conducting custom primary research, mix of client-side and supplier-side preferred
3+ years of direct client management / engagement
2+ years of experience in services marketing research or technology product development research mix of CPG and financial services preferred
Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment
Strong written and verbal communication skills, including executive presentation skills
Expertise in writing survey questions, proficiency designing quantitative research, experience managing qualitative research
Expertise in analyzing and reporting survey data, including frequencies, crosstabs, and statistical significance testing
Ability to infer actionable insights from strategic research, tactical research, and secondary/syndicated research, and effectively communicate those insights to business partners
Understanding of core principles of investing, and familiarity with retirement industry (401(k)s, IRAs, etc.)
Familiarity with relevant secondary/syndicated research providers a plus
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, working knowledge of SPSS statistical software
Comfort using online survey software such as Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, Zoomerang, etc. experience with Qualtrics a plus
Strong team player and collaborator
Comfort working in a fast-paced environment, juggling competing responsibilities and meeting demanding deadlines
*Job Title:* Senior Market Research Manager, Investing and Retirement