Req ID: 97627
A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
The Connected Car Center of Competence for User Experience (CoC-UX) designs, develops and productizes holistic digital experiences optimized for efficiency and simplicity while driving. Our user-centered, iterative and collaborative design process revolves around rapid prototyping, user research, continuous improvement and continuous deployment.
We are a fast-paced, start-up-feel group of talented inventors, engineers, researchers and designers aiming to be the most forward-thinking group in the company. The team is focused on connecting the dots between cutting-edge technologies, future user experiences, deep research, and rapid end-to-end prototypes. Every day, we challenge ourselves to turn science fiction into reality.
- Create and execute a visual design based on customer requirements and internal documents (e.g. Visio, Axure)
- Develop a design vision consistent with a brand strategy to inform the visual design
- Create and organize visual assets and a style guide for consumption by the software development community
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to resolve open issues and provide documentation for visual design proposals
- Participate in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout the program
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Graphics Design, Visual Design, or equivalent
- Minimum: Submit a design portfolio during the interviewing process
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks)
- Exhibit solid design critique skills
- Experience designing complex digital interfaces in web, mobile, or automotive
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and creative problem-solver
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Proficiency with 3D visual design tools (e.g. Maya, Unity, Kanzi)
- Experience in development of connected car, in-vehicle infotainment (IVI), and telematics technologies
- Expertise in developing interfaces for Android (Android Studio)
- Demonstrated customer/client relationship experience
- Proven project management skills
Results-Driven: Having a proactive, goal oriented approach to decision making.
- Clear and strategic thinker; proven experience in translating strategies actionable plans
- Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
Team Player: Having respect for colleagues; leading teams with clarity and accountability.
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization
Change Orientation: Able to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Act as a Change Management expert and enabler on various projects and programs across the business
Customer Focus: Providing exceptional service and quality to external and internal customer.
- Understanding and working in past organizations that have centralized and de-centralized structures as business requirements change
Self-Awareness: Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
- Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development
- Willingness to travel 5% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in Novi, MI
- HARMAN will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and connected services. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson ® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. The Company’s software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $7.0 billion during the last 12 months ended September 30, 2016. The Company’s shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)